Monday 13 January 2014

Challenge #118 week of 13th January 2013

Here at Whimsical Musings, we try to change things up a little, mixing in technique, subject, product or more off-the-wall type prompts. And I was just about to put a colour scheme that had called out to me on Pinterest, when I realised I'd given us a colour based (Pantone Colour of the Year) challenge last week. Back to the drawing board. Of course, organisation in terms of a list of possible prompts would be a really good place to start to avoid this kind of thing... another thing for the list!

Anyway, here I am looking around me and wondering if there's anything right in front of me that could be interesting for us today. I'll save that gorgeous colour scheme for another day....

I have it. Something that was given to me for my birthday and certainly sums me up.


Are you a "Putzteufel" or more of a "Putzmuffel" (no real translation for either of these but don't you just love these words! Literally a housework devil or a housework grump!) We all have to do it to a greater or lesser degree even if we have some help along the way. And I really can't be bothered to make the time for it when there are pretty papers and embellies to be played with, good TV to watch or friends to meet. I know quite a few Putzteufel and they make me feel very inadequate when I see them cleaning house at 7am before work, but that's just not me. I do a bit of Flylady from time to time and am a huge advocate of the clean sink and the 15 minute rule but then I tend to let it slip until I have hours just to get on top of it all. And there's only the two of us in the house!

So.... be inspired by housework in some way. Your attitude to it, something you love/hate to do, how you distribute tasks among the other members of your household, a story about your mum or granny and how different their attitude to housework is, compare your housework time to how it was in the past - even your own past, or what about a piece of housework equipment (does anyone remember Stacy J talking about her iron layout?). Maybe you are just inspired by the retro design of my coaster.

However this inspiration moves you this week, be sure to share your creations over at our Flickr gallery (here) with the tag WM#118.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a mountain (literally) of ironing to work through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...