Monday 21 April 2014

Challenge #132 week of 21st April 2014

I've been trying to keep up with the WM prompts by keeping a secret Pinterest board to corral ideas and also a dated list where I can try to make sure I mix it up - sometimes techniques, sometimes product, sometimes date driven or maybe subject matter etc.

And sometimes it just doesn't come together and an idea I had, doesn't seem to be such a good fit anymore and then it's back to the drawing board and it might turn a different direction.

This week is exactly one of those weeks. I had originally come up with something Easter based, but then changed my mind last week to have that as a pre-Easter idea thus leaving me with a blank in my schedule! I'm no doubt making it harder than it needs to be :-)

Anyway, to get to the point, I've decided that this week we should be inspired by logos. They are everywhere even if we don't even notice them anymore. They slip into our consciousness and are often instantly recognisable by old and young alike. They might give us happy, positive feelings, or negative, irritated feelings but they are there all the same.

Anyone who knows me will not be surprised to find that one of my favourites is this one here (if only I could afford it!):


Although you might be more drawn to this one where the words are the logo:


Maybe this one which so fully represents the movement its products wish to inspire:


Or maybe you drive one of these or recognise the aspiration qualities it can have:



Again, so many ways you could take this. Favourite products, advertising, the design features, how they make you feel,, how your children recognise them on the TV or draw them to represent something in particular on a drawing (this gives me an idea for a page if only I could find that picture!) or maybe your feelings about the globalisation they represent! You could use the logo itself as part of your design or come up with your own logo for something.

If you are inspired to create this week, we'd love it if you shared over at our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery (here) with the tag WM#132.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...