Monday 23 February 2015

#159 Inspired by what's making me happy

Thanks to Leslie for last week's challenge and for prompting me to make the following layout right away while I was thinking of it. I'm generally what I call a delayed scrapper! I have a lot of ideas but it takes me a long time to get those photos printed out and then the layout made. I think it's a bit like when I have new product and don't want to cut into it right away. Strange but true...

I made this layout last night as part of LOAD and using up the last pieces of the Scrapabilly February kit. I adore the colours of this collection and they are so sweet and pretty that they just felt right to use for a layout about my gorgeous gift that our WM friend and inspiration, Lynnette gave me when I met her.

I actually decided to make a few changes since I made it last night which entailed reprinting the photo and replacing it. But I realised that I'd been trying to fit in another challenge for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge on the layout but that the kit wasn't my Counterfeit one so it couldn't really count for that too! I get confused sometimes with all the prompts I'm trying to match at the same time. Anyway, I'm much happier with this page now that I've made changed out the title as well as adding a few extra die cuts from the Dear Lizzy Serendipity line.

So, after all that waffle, here's the layout for WM#159 - Inspired by what's making me happy.



You can find a couple more detail shots over in the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery

And just to continue, I love the fact that Leslie sneaked in that happy photo of Pam and me on my first night over in NYC - I've already scrapped that as part of LOAD as well, and let's face it, that makes me VERY happy so I'm going to add that here too. My whole trip made me happy but this first evening was very special as we found our groove again after our time apart.


You can find a couple more detail shots over in the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery

And one last one for now, this is the first page I made while I was staying with Pam. She had bought us both the same Studio Calico kits to work with and then we just sat down and got crafty. I couldn't resist this happy photo of her surrounded by her bits and pieces as she prepared to get immensely creative! It was such a thrill to have this chance to share scrapping time together.



You can find a couple more detail shots over in the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery

Yes, there's a lot to make me happy right now.

How about you? We'd love to see your creations for this prompt over at our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#159.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...