Monday 4 May 2015

Challenge #169 week of 4th May 2015

Well, (Inter)National Scrapbook Day has come and gone. What did you get up to? Was there much scrapping or creativity in your neck of the woods or were you caught up with regular weekend activities like me? To be fair, I managed to make two layouts yesterday which made up for it a bit but I never seem to really have the time to take the whole day just for scrappy fun. Maybe next year.

Anyway, today's challenge comes courtesy of Starbucks.

I was there a few weeks ago and spotted these pretty shelves full of lovely, spring inspired cups. I especially love the mix of colours but also, those diagonal lines and the hint of ombre. The stronger green is surprising but works so well against the pinks and yellows.


I even rearranged the cups for the second photo to highlight the pretty pink inside the diagonally designed ones.


So, it doesn't matter if you tell me a story about your love of Starbucks, your excessive collection of cups (oh, is that just me?) or your love of spring colours. Whether you use one or all of these colours of if you go for ombre, diagonal geometrics or colour blocks. Take the inspiration how you like and have fun creating this week.

Some of us are participating in LOAD515 which is a Scrap Happy member only one this time around, so I'm sure to be going over some previous prompts here at Whimsical Musings (find previous prompts up at the top of the page) to keep those creative juices flowing.

Don't forget to share your layouts and projects over at the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#169.

1 comment:

  1. I'm chuckling at the idea of you rearranging the cups to get the photo you want - I would have done the same thing! I've missed the last few prompts but I'm hoping to catch up with them soon. Now that we're having gorgeous weather, it's too tempting to be outside working on my garden. I'll have to snap some photos and work them into a page with this prompt.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...