Monday 16 May 2016

Challenge #213 - week of 16th May 2016

During April, I challenged myself to take a selfie every day. I've found myself out of the daily photograph habit and noticed that I was turning to the same photos of me when I come to scrapping so I pulled those two ideas together and went with it. Yes, a little self-indulgent. But I mostly scrapbook about myself and have no problem featuring myself on a page (although I'm terribly vain!) so it seemed a good thing to do. I learnt a lot. It's not easy to find new ways to take those photos so that they look different every day. Bad face days and bad hair days call for drastic action. Relish the days when you look in the mirror and like what you see. To name but three.

I intend to put them all onto one page at some point.

Anyway, this week I'd like you to be inspired by the selfie.

Include a selfie, make a page just about you, comment on how much you hate the selfie craze, make a page about a silly selfie or a silly situation where you were taking one. What about a page about someone else's selfie that you find on your phone or camera?

To be honest, I've been taking selfies forever. I was very often holding my camera out to take a shot or setting up the self-timer.

One of my favourites is this page about the moment I became someone else. The self-timer proved very useful those few weeks in Singapore, alone. Of course, we didn't call it a selfie back then :-)

 

I have so many selfie based layouts it's difficult to know which ones to share but you can go dark and introspective or bright and happy.

  

 

Alone or with others. 



 

There's so much space for your own interpretation here!

We'd love you to be inspired by this prompt and hope you will share your creations - there are now two ways to do this!

You can either upload your layout into the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#213 or you can post it in our Whimsical Musings Facebook group. We've decided that we'll save albums for special occasions so just load up your photo to the group with the tag WM#213 in the write up text so that we can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...