Tuesday 2 August 2016

Challenge #223 - week of 1st August 2016

I don't know about you but I go through phases of doing one technique all the time and then sort of forgetting it for a while only to remember it and start repeating it all over again.

My bunchy thread clusters or loops is one of those.

I've been clearing up my scrap room ready for visitors in a few weeks (it doubles as our guest room and is rather full) and I discovered a couple of brand new reels of thread - because I see colours I *need* and forget that I've already got them. And that's made me realise that I haven't done a messy thread element for a while.

So, this week I'd like you to be inspired by thread.


Here are a few layouts I've shared over the years showing one or two of my favourite thread techniques.





Of course, you could also just use it to sew!


Or maybe you have another approach to this prompt - a story about watching a family member sewing for example? Or your sewing supplies. I'm sure you can find many ways of interpreting "thread".

We'd love you to be inspired by this prompt and hope you will share your creations - there are now two ways to do this!

You can either upload your layout into the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#223 or you can post it in our Whimsical Musings Facebook group. We've decided that we'll save albums for special occasions so just load up your photo to the group with the tag WM#223 in the write up text so that we can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...